Monday, November 06, 2006

Relief coming soon


Relief: A Quarterly Christian Expression is a new literary journal set to debut in mid-November. My literary amigos Karen Miedrich-Luo and Mark Bertrand serve as creative nonfiction and fiction editors, respectively. The first issue of Relief will feature poetry by Scott Cairns, fiction by Al Haley and Michael Snyder and nonfiction by Luci Shaw and Anthony Connolly, as well as many others, including poetry by yours truly (though I'd submitted my work before Karen or Mark were twinkles in the editor's (Kimberly Culbertson) eyes--promise!) I have it on good authority that the first issue rocks. Full disclosure: due to the referral of a certain newly appointed Relief editor of the nonfiction variety, Relief approached me about designing their first cover. (Lest you think I traded services for publication, it happened after my work was accepted! I swear! I knew this would look bad!) Nevertheless, you may judge the quality for yourself...so, order now! (This was NOT a paid political announcement...)

3 comments:

Deeanne Gist said...

I *love* the cover. It is excellent and I look forward to my receiving my first issue!!

Congrats on getting *two* of your poems featured. You go, girl!

jenni said...

The cover is lovely! I will add this issue to my to-order list....

Anonymous said...

In the interest of substantiating full disclosure, I asked Allison first- after we accepted her work. Not only is she a great poet, but a fantastic designer as well. As a matter of fact, I'm giving her my Coach's Favorite Designer award.